Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Visitors!!

This week and into the next, we have the pleasure of having my dad and step-mom hang out with us and spend the holidays in our home. They came in from San Antonio to see Mckenna for the first time and we all thought Thanksgiving would be a great time for the visit. It's especially nice to have them here for Thanksgiving since this will be the first Thanksgiving dinner hosted in our home and to be frank, we really wouldn't know where to get started. Thankfully Denise is here to show us the ropes in the hopes that we may be able to do this on our own someday :)

We hit up the grocery store today to make sure we had everything we needed for the big meal on Thursday. Just off the top of my head, it looks like we'll be having: Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, cauliflower, cranberry sauce, corn and pumpkin pie. Think that's enough for the 4 of us (and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm forgetting a thing or two)??? I seriously can't wait as the Thanksgiving meal is one of my favorites, although I always must remember not to eat myself to death...almost literally. Have I told that story on RSBR before? The time that my Thanksgiving meal almost killed me? That's a good one.

Anyway, the whole point of this blog is to welcome my dad and Denise to Arizona and let them know I'm extremely happy they are here (as I know they'll get the message since they read this everyday). I look forward to the next 8 days and can't wait to see what trouble we get ourselves into. Thanks for the help with the yard today and please, don't hesitate to think of other projects we can knock out while ya'll are here. I mean, we can't sit around and stare at Mckenna all day every day right? Right???