Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Spontaneity & Oxygen


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for spontaneity. We decided on Thursday last week to go to Florida for the weekend to see my Grammy. So we bought out tickets and were off the next day. We aren't spontaneous like that very often, but I love when we are...especially with Mckenna. I'm hoping we can keep it up. I'm thankful that we're not totally boring...YET!

I'm thankful for family. We got to spend a lot of time with family over the weekend and it was AWESOME!! We all had so much and there's nothing better than fun time with family. We have the best family!

I'm thankful for carpet. My grammy's house has a lot more carpet than ours does, and it sure is nice not having Mckenna crack her on tile...all day long! I think Mckenna is probably thankful for carpet too. Mckenna is pulling up on everything these days, even things that aren't very sturdy, which leads to lots of falls. Plus, she's getting really brave and letting go of things to just stand on her own or to dive for other things. All of it means she's taking lots of falls. 

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for an easy going baby. Mckenna seems to just go with the flow despite what situation we put her in. She's certainly not a bump on the log, but she also seems to be pretty happy no matter what. I love that we can get her to smile at the drop of a dime...or anything that makes noise really :)

I'm thankful for the decision to sleep with oxygen. It's been quite awhile that I've been sleeping with the stuff, but there still are times that I can't sleep with it. On short trips, I never bring the oxygen concentrator with me, but on long ones we'll rent a unit. It's during those short trips that I appreciate coming home to the oxygen even more...it's amazing how much better I sleep!

I'm thankful for breaded shrimp. I don't eat anything breaded that often, but when I do, it's always good, especially shrimp. There are times I wish that we lived closer to an ocean so I could enjoy the fresh stuff, but then again, if we lived near an ocean, we could only afford to eat Ramen.  

So, what are you thankful for today?