Monday, March 22, 2010

Shaping Up to Get Hitched

It's exactly two months until our wedding day, and I am EXCITED. We have everything all set, except the honeymoon -- all of your feedback/ideas helped a lot and we have narrowed it down to a few options. Unfortunately, two months feels like forever away, but it's just enough time to get into "wedding" shape. So that's exactly what I'm going to do. I know it sounds a little silly, and I will be honest, typing it I feel a little vain...buuuuut I'm sure most people feel or have felt this way. I want to be looking as good as I have ever looked and be in better shape than I have ever been. It just seems like it makes sense: start a new life the best "me" I can be and look great in pictures that will surface time and time again.

As we all know all too well, you can't get into shape overnight, so I must start today. My goal is to run 3 days a week and get into the gym 3 days a week at the very least. It will be tough with the ever growing list of to-dos, but I will just have to make it a priority. I don't so much want to lose weight, I want to stay at the weight I am now, but gain a few pounds of muscle (without looking like the hulk in a wedding dress! hehe)

So who's got some good tips? Anyone do the pre-wedding shape-up and have some pointers for me? Anyone want to join me in the 2 months work out challenge? Wedding or not, it's always the right time to become the best "you" you can be!!