Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Can You REALLY Give an Excuse After This?

I understand that working out consistently can be a challenge so I wanted to post a video for Workout Wednesday that I'm hoping will inspire many of you. You may have already seen it as it is one of the favorites in the Cystic Fibrosis community. Every time I see this video I just get more pumped up and eager to grab the bull by the horns and get into the gym or hit the pavement running. Without further ado (and please watch the full video as it is only a minute long)...


As far as my week, here's the breakdown:

Aug. 26th-Sep. 1st
Wednesday: Shoulders and Legs
Thursday: Walked 2 minutes, Ran 10 minutes, Walked 2 minutes, Ran 14 minutes, Walked 2 minutes, Ran 11 minutes (To view my running program, click here)
Friday: Walked for 20 minutes
Saturday: Back and Biceps, Pool games, Swimming
Sunday: Walked 2 minutes, Ran 8 minutes, Walked 2 minutes, Ran 8 minutes, Walked 2 minutes, Ran 10 minutes
Monday: Walked for 30 minutes
Tuesday: Travel

Since I'll be out of town part of this week and next, and there is no gym, I will just be running and walking for my workouts. Good thing is, it's cooler here in Florida so my opportunity to run will be even greater. I actually get to run on the beach some too since Mandi's grammy only lives about 200 yards from the ocean. I'll also be able to do push ups and sit-ups while I'm here and try not to lose this solid two-pack that I have going on with my stomach right now :)

14 people had something to say...:

Katelyn said...

Great video!

I decided to try to run a half marathon next year and after reading Mandi's post, I really think I can do it. Thanks for the encouraging words and thanks for the tips of getting shoes that are made to fit you and help you run.

Great job on the running/walking Ronnie! Keep it up!

HArmstrong said...

great video ronnie. i woke up with a sore throat and was debating on whether i would get on my treadmill today, after seeing the video. i'm still gettin on it!
quick question how do you post videos to your blog? i can't figure it out? thanks!

Natalia Ritchie said...

I love this ad!! Love it!

Unknown said...

HArmstrong- I either get all my videos, or upload all of my videos, to YouTube as I have found they make putting them up on the blog easiest. When you are writing a new post, simply click on the "edit html" button of the new post and then copy and paste the "embed video" code that is attached to the video on YouTube.

Does that make sense? If not, email me and I'll try to explain it in greater detail.

Ronnie

Jess said...

I must have missed what part of FL you're at? It's been raining here a lot so I hope that doesn't mess up your vacay

Unknown said...

Hey Jess- I'm in St. Augustine Beach. It looks like tropical storm Erica may or may not miss us, but I certainly do not mind the rain. I don't think I've felt rain for at least half a year.

Ronnie

Deb said...

this is awesome. i hadn't seen it before. i am bad about making excuses, but i watched the video earlier this morning, and it inspired a nice walk outside on a beautiful morning to clear my head.

Unknown said...

Love it, as I am sitting here on the sofa eating corn chips and pretzels. Ugh I disgust myself. Going right now to put on socks and sneakers and get my butt moving. Thanks for posting the video, it was inspiring.

Lovin Lane said...

Hey there Ronnie and Mandi.... You won an award!!! come check it out... http://lovinlane.blogspot.com/2009/09/kreative-award.html

Somer Love said...

Love this!!

OceanDesert said...

AWESOME running!!! I know you're not calculating distance only time right now, but with running 14 min, that may just be a mile already?!?!

Unknown said...

OD- It may be a mile but I doubt it...I run at a SUPER slow pace and it was uphill so I was going even slower.

I ran on the beach today and it was AWESOME!!!

Ronnie

OceanDesert said...

Slow and steady wins the race!! :)

I am jealous.. running on the beach!!! At least though, I will be running in the mountains come next week!!!

Lauren Henderson said...

That's awesome.