Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Back in the Swing of Things!!

Today is the start of a new chapter in our lives. No, I'm not talking about being newly married or settling in to a new house, I'm talking about finally settling in to the life we're used to. It's been a whirlwind around here since May 22nd (well actually long before that) but I think we're now ready to settle down after the post-wedding madness. We just got back from our annual family vacation in Rocky Point, Mexico and now it feels like I need a break. You guys know what I'm talking about? I think that I live such a routine based life, that every time I'm out of that routine it actually takes more energy, even if I'm relaxing on the beaches of Mexico. Maybe it's just me, but vacations truly exhaust me. Don't get me wrong, they're certainly a great change of pace and something I very much look forward to, but I'm definitely most comfortable in the comfort of my own home.

On a side note (with the full story to come at a later date)- One thing I need to take care of though is this rib/cartilage/muscle/lung thingy that I have going on. Some of you may have seen the update on my Facebook, but I was in a pretty gnarly boogie board accident that required a trip to a Mexican clinic for x-rays and a doctor consult. He said that he didn't see any broken bones, but with the more days that pass, the less I believe him. I'm actually taking pain medicine. If you know anything about me, you know that I avoid that stuff like the plague. Without it however, I have a hard time taking in a deep breath or coughing, sleeping is quite tough and the most minor of movements will send me shooting through the roof. I hope to get it checked out tomorrow and I'll keep you guys posted.
Anyway, I'm ready to get back on the horse now. I'm ready for homemade breakfast sandwiches in the morning and sitting at a computer all day long. I'm ready for the gym and long walks around the neighborhood. I'm ready for conference calls and game nights with friends. I'm ready to learn my yard and do my best to not have it defeat me. I'm ready to get my dog back and take her to the new dog park down the street.

I'm ready to officially start the "real life" with my bride.