Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday - It's good to be home

We can't stress enough how important it is in our own lives to slow down when things seem to be getting "fast" and just think about the little things that we're thankful for. We had 9 other peeps join us last week in expressing their thankfulness and we're hoping that more climb on board today! I have a little "Linky Tools" at the end of this post that you can use to join the party and link up your thankfulness post! Feel free to spread this around to anyone you know that may like to participate.

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful that Ronnie is back from his two trips. Even though he was just gone for 2 days the first trip and 1 the second, I always miss him a little (LAME-O, I know). I enjoy having my partner in crime (not literally crime, please don't report us! Although it would be funny to be able to use that expression literally...maybe we'll become like Bonnie and Clyde). I always realize how much I appreciate having him around when he leaves for a few days. Last night, after he got home, we snuggled up on the coach and watched TV - Life.Is.Good!

I'm thankful for Jezzabel! Jbell is one good guard dog and makes me feel safe while Ronnie's not home. I have to admit - I'm the biggest scaredy cat you'll ever meet. Whenever Ronnie's gone over night, I get really scared that something will happen. It's a totally irrational fear. And even though my rational brain tries to convince my irrational brain that I'm an idiot the whole time that Ronnie's gone - I typically don't feel better unless Jezzabel is close by. I always tell Ronnie that if someone comes into our house with the way Jezzabel gets with strangers, I know I'm screwed because they're just crazy! I'm thankful to have a puppy that is so protective to snuggle with at night while Ronnie's gone.

I'm thankful for feeling good. I read a lot of negative feedback/stories from others who have been on the med (lupron) that I'm on for our IVF cycle. However, I have been on it for over a month now and haven't had any problems. I've had the occasional hot flash here and there and have been a little emotional (I cry at most TV shows now! haha) but other than that, nada. I am so thankful that my body is handling the process well so far, and pray that it continues to do well through the process.


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful that I have a wife that can hold down the fort and then some while I'm away. Granted, she gets a little spooked from time to time, but that's something we're working through and sooner or later she will be wearing big girl panties 24/7. Other than that, she always does a great job while I'm away whether it's getting a ton of work done, doing stuff around the house or taking JBell on 492 walks. Maybe I should take the hint :)

I'm thankful for my many opportunities in the past week to speak with others in the CF community face-to-face. I had a great time hanging out with the folks up in Stony Brook and I was honored to be able to share some of my life with them and what I've learned over the years. I'm thankful that we didn't get snowed out either as that was always a real possibility.

I'm thankful for my first Vegas experience. Now, that town is WAY TOO smoky for me to make it a common stop, but I do hope to get back there with Mandi someday. When I walked into my hotel room, which may have been the nicest one I had ever stayed in, all I could think was, "Man I wish my wife was here". We're big time people watchers, so I think we would really enjoy each other up in Sin City for a bit.