Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Salty & Sweet

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for runs. I am finally able to run again now that my ovaries have shrunk back down to their proper size. I am slowly working back into it, but yesterday I was able to get a 2.5 miler in and it felt SO good. I'm hoping I can continue to work up to running 3-4 at a time, but I'm just so thankful that I can run at all!

I'm thankful for my Harkins Loyalty Cup. It's a cup you pay for at the beginning of the year, and then you get $1 drinks when you go to the movies. And while I'm thankful for that aspect, I'm more thankful that I've had a HUGE cup to drink out of around the house. It's a 32 oz ginormous cup and I've been drinking water out of it all day long. This wonderful cup has helped me drink a TON of water each day! And I'm sure peanut is thankful too.

I'm thankful for tradition. I got up early on Friday morning to watch the royal wedding and I found it all so awesome. I just think all the tradition is so fascinating. I am thankful there is such thing as live television and that I got to watch it all, just like I was there! Side note: Kate may be the most beautiful woman ever!!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for a giving wife who speaks my love language better than any other. If you have no clue what I'm talking about in terms of love languages than you should check out the book The Five Love Languages. It's basically helps you narrow down how you receive love from another person and what you identify as "love". I forget my two main love languages, but I know one of them, acts of service. I feel loved when Mandi is willing to do stuff for me. Tonight was a perfect example of that; I really wanted something sweet and she offered to make me something. I didn't ask for it, but ended up snacking on Golden Graham treats made from scratch. Got to love it! Thanks babe!!!

I'm thankful for sweat. I may not always be thankful for the natural shower that my body gives me once in a while, but today, it was welcomed. Whenever I'm in the gym, I love to sweat. I once heard someone call it a "liquid confirmation that you are working hard" and I couldn't agree more. When I start really sweating in the gym I always get an extra burst of energy cause it feels like I'm "reaping what I sow" so to speak. Today I had a light grey shirt on which turned dark grey by the end of my workout - sort of the icing on top.

I'm thankful for my hospital including me in their CF Taskforce meeting. Basically, my hospital is trying to make the hospital a more enjoyable experience for all parties involved - CFers, nurses, dietitians, etc. They threw together a task force to look at certain issues that may happen during a hospital stay and figure out ways to improve upon the deficiencies. What was cool, was that I got an inside peak into "non-patient" issues and was able to look at certain issues as a healthcare provider. To really understand a lot of the issues we face in the hospital you've got to see it from both sides. I'm fortunate that I was able to hear from their perspective and I can only hope that I added value and a true patient perspective on my end.

So, what are you thankful for today?