Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Time with Nana & Coaching

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

Mandi went night-night nice and early last night and I didn't have the heart to wake her up to have her list what she is thankful for.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for this exchange at my spin class yesterday -
Instructor: Alright, turn it up one gear!
Me: [Turned it up one gear]
Instructor: Alright, turn it up another gear!!
Me: [Turned it up another gear]
Instructor: One last time, turn it up another gear!!
Me: [Did not turn it up another gear]
Instructor: [While pointing directly at me and calling me out in front of the whole class] What are you waiting for, you still haven't turned it up another gear?!?!?!

Why am I thankful for that? Because I need it. I'm pretty new to this whole spin thing, but one part I really like about it is the constant coaching. It's usually not so direct, as I will just follow whatever commands he barks out, but this time, he was only looking at me. When I'm pouring sweat, feeling like I'm about to barf and convincing myself that I can't push any further - what he did was exactly what I needed. I take coaching well and this was no exception. After he called me out I was able to finish the class at a higher pace than any previous class I had done before. As a bonus, I only dry heaved into my towel twice :)

I'm thankful for the extra time I was able to spend with my mom-in-law. We were able to spend a whole week with both Nana and Papi, but we were able to spend an additional week with Nana. Mandi and her mom were able to bond over some nursery shopping and were also able to pick out some fabrics to be used in Peanut's room. Can you believe that Nana has sewn most of our curtains and is now working on all of the nursery stuff?!!?! If only she could build cribs :)

So, what are you thankful for today?