Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Top 5 Best Fireworks Shows

Happy day after 4th of July everyone!! Also, a special birthday shout-out to my little brother Grant who turned 19 yesterday (gulp). Happy birthday man, I l0ve you.

During last night's fire work show, I got to thinking of all of the other firework shows that I have been to during the course of my lifetime. Here's a quick list of the top 5 firework shows I've seen:

5. Tucson - I admit, this isn't due to the fireworks as much as it id due to the memories. For quite a while, we're talking half a decade or so, I would always be in the middle of my tune-up for July 4th. We would head up to the top of a parking garage connected to the hospital and watch the show on "A" Mountain. I usually had my family around plus my trusty IV pole.

4. Newport Beach - I saw this show about 3 years ago the day before my best friend's wedding. I remember it being quite a long show and the reflection of the colors off of the water was quite amazing.

3. Boston - Boston scored big points with their harbor fireworks show that I took in. The colors reflecting off of the water was cool, but the most amazing part was the shapes they were able to create in the sky. We're not just talking stars and a smiley face, I remember the American flag and a cat :)

2. Shanghai - I have a confession, this wasn't for 4th of July (you probably figured that out due to the location) it was for New Years. I had to put it up here though because the show was absolutely amazing. I was on the 22nd floor of an apartment building and the explosions were happening at eye level and about 100 yards away. It looked like some of them were going to fly into the apartment. It. was. awesome.

1. New York City - If you're only going to go to one 4th of July show, this is the one. I've been there quite a few times for Independence Day and the firework show seems to get better every year. My buddy had an apartment overlooking the East river which held the three barges responsible for the show. Between the best grand finale I've ever seen and 1000's and 1000's of people chanting U.S.A in the streets, it's by far the best one ever.

What about you? Where did you see the best firework show ever?