Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Old Teams & Bro-in-Laws

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:
I'm thankful for new recipes. We had a delicious nacho cheese soup. Maybe not the healthiest thing in the world, but VERY tasty!! I love trying new recipes...we rarely find and try one that is just awful.

I'm thankful for air conditioning. It's really stinkin' hot lately (go figure, this is Arizona and we are in the desert). Whenever I walked into our house from outside, I am always instantly thankful for air conditioning and the cool, refreshing air that hits my face when I leave the oven that is the outdoors these days.

I'm thankful that my brother-in-law, Andrew, moved up to Phoenix. He moved up here for grad school at ASU. Our goal is to get all of our family up to Phoenix at some point, and Andrew is the first to make the move from Tucson. It will be so awesome to get to spend more time with him. He's a great guy and we always have so much fun spending time with him!! Cannot wait to see him weekly!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for kettlebells...kind of. I'm certainly thankful that I was introduced to a new work out that absolutely kicks my butt, but that has been part of the problem too. I did a kettlebell workout 3 days ago and I'm still walking like I was riding a horse for a month straight and sitting down/standing up is more painful then I'd like to admit. So this is really a future thankfulness, cause I know as soon as I can operate normally, I'm going to really enjoy that workout again!

I'm thankful for my relationship with my old peds team. I'm lucky with the fact that they still follow me in clinic so I haven't totally lost them, but I sure wish they followed me still when I was in the Hole. All is not lost however - as I said, they still see me in clinic and they are my go to for anything outside of the Hole. They're only a phone call or FB message away and they are always very quick to respond. I just very thankful that the relationship didn't get totally severed when I transitioned to the "adult team".

I'm thankful for weddings. I get to see one of my best friends ever get married off this weekend and I couldn't be more excited! I definitely got a new appreciation for weddings since having my own, but I have an even larger appreciation for marriage. As we all know, the wedding does indeed come first and I'm looking forward to supporting Kirra on her big day. Congrats to Tyler and Kirra on their upcoming lifetime commitments!!

So, what are you thankful for today?