Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Early Gym Classes & Clean Garages


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for a gym with lots of classes on the schedule. Mckenna is still sick (the antibiotics didn't do the trick) so we can't bring her to the gym child care like we usually do. So to make sure I got my workout in I went to an early class and did my run after it. It felt so awesome to have my class and run in before 5:30AM! I am so thankful the gym is up and has classes at all time of the day.

I'm thankful for my dad. This one will seem kind of random to you all, but I'm posting it anyways. My dad is such a good man. A good dad, a hard worker, a fantastic husband. He makes it all look so easy. I am thankful he has shown me what being a parent is. I'm thankful he set an example of the type of man I needed to marry. I'm thankful that he is a man of integrity and loyal to a fault. And I'm thankful that he continues to bring such joy into our lives.

I'm thankful for email. Ok, another random one. But I can't be the only one. How nice is it that you can communicate with people through email? Many things I send emails about at work would take twice as long to call someone about (you get to skip all the chit chat). And boy is it nice not to have to go to a post office to MAIL something all the time. I still don't understand how the heck email works...I mean seriously, you type words, you hit send, and magically they appear on someone else's screen after FLYING THROUGH THE AIR?! Mind blowing! But I'm thankful.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for gardening in cooler weather. I love to garden. I find it extremely relaxing when I'm around the garden doing various tasks. It's cool to take the clippers to different plants and be able to see a big difference from when you started to when you finished. I am also still fascinated that all of these plants grow from seeds. It truly amazes me. Anyways, I'm REALLY thankful when I get to do the previous stuff that I mentioned without sweating every ounce of liquid in my body out. 

I'm thankful for clean garages. Last weekend I took the time to reorganize and clean our garage. It was getting a little dirty in there from different leaves, dirt, bugs, etc blowing in and just didn't look nice. We also had bikes, pumps, car parts, cleaning supplies etc put up wherever it would fit. After finding a place for everything in there and shop-vaccing every square inch of the place, it looks like a new room. I love it.

I'm thankful for protein shakes. For my new eating plan I'm having a "second breakfast" at 9am each day. My second breakfast happens to be a yummy protein shake. Here's the ingredients - 8oz of skim milk; 1 Tbs of all-natural peanut butter; 1/6 cup of steel cut oats; 1 scoop whey protein (chocolate); and 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries. It is super deeeeelish and goes down the hatch nice and quick.

So, what are you thankful for today?