Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Google & Granola

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for a loving baby. Mckenna isn't a snuggler, for the most part. She's a mover and a shaker. But she is a little lover. She picks up her baby and hugs and kisses her. She plants one on us at random times during the day. She rubs her dad's arm so gently as she whispers, "da da" when she wakes him up in the morning. I love that she's a lover. I hope she stays that way!!

I'm thankful for Google. Anyone who knows me knows I am a googling queen. When we did IVF with Mckenna, I googled EVERYTHING. When I was pregnant, I googled everything! When we look for good recipes, I google. When I have a strange symptom or ache or pain, I google. When Mckenna has a problem, google is there. When Mckenna had tummy issues while nursing, I actually found the issue, before the lactation consultant. I LOVE GOOGLE. That said, most would tell you I need to lay off the Google reading because half the time a headache looks like a brain tumor on Google :)

I'm thankful for our core class. Our core class is awesome. It has transformed our stomachs in just a few months time. I certainly don't have abs like a body building ninja, but with some more time, maybe I'll get there with our core class - HA! A girl can dream, right?

Ronnie's List:


I'm thankful for a bright and shiny sun! Here it is late November, and the high here in Chandler today is 79 degrees. There's not a cloud in the sky and no wind of note. Running errands is a joy in this weather and exercise is absolutely perfect. To be honest, I don't know why people live anywhere that there's snow (Spoken like a guy who has only lived in Arizona :) ).

I'm thankful for granola. I recently added a granola parfait to my nutrition plan and I love it! I put 1/2 cup of Quaker Natural Granola on top of 1 container of Yoplait yogurt. It tastes super yummy and it provides just the right balance of satisfied but not stuffed.


I'm thankful for additional computer monitors. I've been using a small TV that I use as a second monitor while working on my laptop and it has done wonders. I feel much more efficient and it seems like I'm able to work faster. It could also all be in my head!


So, what are you thankful for today?