Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday: New Words & New Toys

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for carmel corn. Ronnie's brothers gave me carmel corn for Christmas and let's just say the bag is almost gone! It is SO yummy. They know me so well and know that I like sweets that are crunchy and that I can kind of pick at (or eat piece by piece). It is the PERFECT dessert.

I'm thankful for new words. Mckenna seems to be learning a new word every couple of days it seems. She's such a little chatty cathy and I love it. I absolutely LOVE hearing how she says things. Words like PEEZ (please) and Dayn du (thank you) have never sounded so adorable. I think some of my favorite words she's learned in the last few days are WEE-O (Rio, my parent's dog) and Zooz (Juice...Also said like "Jews" if she gets the J sound a little more dead on). I am so blessed to have such a sweet little love jabbering around the house.

I'm thankful for silly games. Mckenna invented a game. It's called "BUH BYYYYYE". She shouts "BUH BYYYYYE" at me, I shout it back and run away, and then run back when she yells "Mommy." "BUHHH BYYYE"...."BUH BYYYYE"...run away...."MOMMY"....run back. "BUH BYYYYYE"......you get the point. She gets increasingly sillier and louder as the game goes on, and she laughs uncontrollably. Occasionally she can't get out the words she's giggling so hard. I absolutely love the game because I love her sweet giggles. I am so thankful that she is so silly and is now trying to initiate fun games and does things to be goofy and make us laugh.

Ronnie's List:


I'm thankful for new toys. What's funny, is it's not even my toy, but my father-in-laws. Josh (my brother-in-law) got his dad a remote controlled helicopter for Christmas. Not only was it a ton of fun, but it was super addicting! And yes, I have my eye open for one of my own :)

I'm thankful for a new year. I'm not a resolutions kind of a guy, but I'm just thankful that time is still ticking. Another year passed is another year that I'm married to my wife, a dad to my daughter and son to my mom. If this year is anything like last year or the previous 32, it will be awesome!!

I'm thankful for the "end" of the "Fiscal Cliff". Personally wish we had just gone off of it, but at least we don't have to hear about it anymore...until next time.

So, what are you thankful for today?