Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Dad & Grandma

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for my dad. I'm always thankful for my dad. He's one of my biggest role models. But lately, I've been especially thankful for him. We are both training for a marathon in January, and I have been able to spend long chunks of time with him alone, during long training runs once a week (usually Saturday). This time together may end up being my favorite thing about my marathon experience. 

I'm thankful for a new computer. My parents gave me a new computer for my birthday and holy moly, life is so much better. My old computer was getting super slow and my mac mail was all messed up. This computer works like a dream and makes like beautiful!

I'm thankful for hot chocolate. It's that time of year in Arizona when the weather finally cools off and there is no better way to celebrate than with a warm mug of hot chocolate.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for sweatshirts. It's always a treat when you get to wear sweatshirts in Arizona, and right now, we're able to rock them until about 8am or so :) To be honest, I think the biggest reason I like them now is that Mckenna looks super cute in hers and Mandi looks like a total sexy, hottie in hers (I've always been a sucker for the didn't-do-anything-to-get-ready-but-put-on-sweats-and-I'm-still-super-hot look).

I'm thankful for tomato soup. Another thing that is nice as the weather cools down is soups and stews. Right now I'm really digging an organic tomato and spice soup I got from Costco. With a little bit of added salt and pepper, it really hits the spot!

I'm thankful for my Grandma Hiemstra. My step-dad's mom passed away last week at the age of 95. I have many found memories of her as a child. Her and Grandpa H used to come out every year and spend about a month with us. She was always willing to play and was a big help around the house. I'll miss you Grandma, but I know you are praising God right now and that's pretty cool!!

What about you? What are you thankful for today?