Friday, January 17, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Dad & Mentors

I know, I know, it's Friday and....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!! WE MISS YOU AND HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON.

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for girl time. My mom, Chrissy and I all went out to dinner on Monday night. I was nice to spend some girl time together without our male counterparts.

I'm thankful for great friends. I have a girlfriend, Angie, that I adore. I'm sure she's not reading this, so I'll take a minute to brag on her. I think this may have been on my list last week or the week before, but I don't care, I'll add it again! I feel so blessed by her friendship. She's someone I would choose to be friends with even if she didn't have kids (which isn't always the case with mommy friends, right moms?!? Be honest!) As an added bonus, Mckenna LOVES her daughters and one of her daughters and Mckenna have been friends from birth. I especially love that she is the kind of mom that is never competitive; you may not do everything the same way but you know there's never judgement; and most of all, I know I can have a mom-fail moment in front of her and just laugh. Most days we hang out there is an epic fit or utter chaos that ensues at some point. At some point one of us loses our cool or one of us lets out a HUGE sigh..you know, the kind you let out instead of blowing your top…and the beauty of it is neither of us think twice. I feel like I can learn so much from her as a mom and a woman, and I love her dearly. Ok, I'll end the love fest now!

I'm thankful for my dad. As race day creeps closer, I find myself more and more excited. I'm ready to lace up my sneakers and pound out 26.2 miles. It will feel good to accomplish a goal; to check something off of my bucket list. But more than that, more than any other aspect of the race, I am excited to do it with my dad. We may not run all 26.2 miles side by side, but just the fact that I will start the journey with my dad by my side, like I've started so many other journeys in my life, is pretty special.  



Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for my my wife, and particularly, her dedication. My wife is a machine. Well, a (sexy) human machine. When she decides to accomplish something or knock out one of her goals, she makes a plan and just does it. No waffling. No excuses. She just put's her head down and kicks booty. I will continue to learn from the example my wife sets each and every day for our family. I'm one lucky dude.

I'm thankful for *knock on wood* Mandi staying injury free throughout the course of her marathon training. She's battled poor knees for much of her running "career" and we were afraid that they would rear their ugly head and prevent her from properly training. To our delight, although they have been sore, they have not held her back one bit!

I'm thankful for mentors. I've been fortunate enough to hook up with a couple of guys who have really mentored me through some various business related ventures recently. It's such a blessing to be able to draw upon the knowledge of someone who has been there and is willing to share their wisdom with me. I can feel myself growing in this part of my life and it's pretty sweet!

What about you? What are you thankful for today?