Friday, January 24, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Grandparents & Softball

We're getting real good at posting these on Friday!

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for wonderful grandparents for Mckenna (and fabulous parents for Ronnie and I). They offered to take Mckenna all day today, and tonight, so Ronnie and I could enjoy some husband/wife time. Mckenna loves her Nana and Papi and I couldn't be more thrilled that they live close enough for Mckenna to have this kind of relationship with her grands!

I'm thankful for good health. We have a cold (maybe the flu) making its way through our house; Mckenna had it, I have it, Ronnie has it. It makes me thankful that we usually are in good health around the Sharpe household.

I'm thankful for the ability to run. On Sunday, I was able to cross a marathon off my bucket list. I am so thankful God gave me two legs, arms, feet, lungs, you name it, that enabled me to run 26.2 miles. I know that some of it was hard work and training, but I know a majority of the accomplishment was made possible by the fact that I am abundantly blessed.


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for raw honey. I'm not sure why, but I've been digging raw honey lately. I've been snacking on it by the spoon full and I've convinced myself that it helped stave off whatever has been going around my house...and by stave I mean not seem as bad as my girls. When it's mixed with some natural peanut butter, it makes a pretty awesome fatty snack as well! 

I'm thankful for layout changes. We've made a few simple layout changes with some of the furniture in our home, and always, it surprises me how a small change can make such a big difference. In case you're curious, we moved a sofa out of the playroom into a sitting room, and took the desk in the sitting room and put it into my office (we moved out my old desk). I'm not sure where Mandi is going to work now, but that's not my problem ;)

I'm thankful for softball season. Another softball season is fast approaching and I'm excited to get it started. I didn't think I would enjoy it quite as much as I do, but it's nice to get out and be competitive with a group of guys once in a while. It also provides a very good workout since I play the outfield!

What about you? What are you thankful for today?