Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Routine & Smoothies

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for routine. The whole month of December we were out of our normal routine since Ronnie was in the hospital, it was the holidays and we were traveling. You never quite appreciate routine until there's not structure in you're life and then you realize routine is awesome! Mckenna is still a little out of whack as we get back into our groove, but I'm thankful to be back to normalcy again.

I'm thankful for mommy friends. Mckenna and I had a playdate this morning with one of my favorite mommy friends! It is such a blessing to have a girlfriend to share life with…the fact our kids love each other is icing on the cake.

I'm thankful for my legs. As I get into the final week of training for my marathon, I am thankful for my legs. They may always be a bit tight these days, but having them ache a little is a great reminder of how blessed I am to have them AND to have had them carry me all these miles. Perhaps our biggest blessings in life are the ones we never take time to thank God for…and legs are one of those things!! In fact, just the other day when Mckenna was in the tub, I happened to start asking her playfully, "Did God bless you with two ears?" "Yep!" She'd respond. "You lucky duck." I'd banter back. "Did God bless you with two arms?" "Yep!" "You lucky duck." We went through all her body parts. I didn't mean it as a lesson. I did it to work on vocabulary (body parts and numbers) and mainly just to be playful during bath time. But as I went through all her body parts I couldn't help but think to myself just how much of a blessing it is that she was born with all her body parts.  

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for my hamstrings feeling like they are going to rip in half. This can only mean one thing - I got back into the gym this week. After a long layoff I'm so thankful to be back at the gym sweating my tail off and breathing like I have some undiagnosed lung disease ;) The act of working out never feels great, but the sense of accomplishment and the open lungs afterward are worth the pain.

I'm thankful for smoothies. I've gone a bit smoothie crazy over here. There are two reasons for this: After the three week stay in the Hole and the holidays, I have a bit more weight to carry than is comfortable, and one of our Christmas presents was a Vitamix blender. They really are a little piece of magic sitting on the kitchen counter. I love it.

I'm thankful for routine. Our routine has been thrown off for a while and we're now settling back in to same ol' same ol'. Most people aren't excited about same ol' same ol' but I can tell you, we are!! I love knowing what to expect and when to expect it. Our family definitely thrives on structure and routine.

What about you? What are you thankful for today?