Monday, April 14, 2014

Mandi Monday: Mckenna's Favorites

Anyone with kids knows that kids' favorite things are forever changing. What Mckenna loves one day she soon forgets over the next days or weeks as new favorites replace old favorites. I thought I'd capture some of Mckenna's favorites are of today:

Food
Mckenna has never been a picky eater. She likes veggies, fruits, you name it. There is no food that she has always refused to eat, but there are phases where she LOVES and craves certain things. Right now she loves hard-boiled eggs, she mainly loves the process of putting salt and pepper on them and then opening the egg white and seeing the yoke inside, but she does like actually eating it too.

Toy
"Spinnies" as she calls them. Her favorite toy right now are these little animals that you stick a stick in and pull it out quickly to make it turn like a top. I can't lie, I kind of love them also.



Movie
Mckenna has never been one to sit for long periods while watching something. She enjoys watching 5-10 minutes of a show or movie, and then she's back up and about like spit on a hot skillet. But lately she has a favorite movie that will hold her attention longer than any other show or movie. Ready for this? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Yup, that old movie from the 1960s. She loves it!

Song
Her favorite song right now comes from her favorite movie, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The song is "You Two". It's an adorable song the dad in the movie sings to his two kids. The sweetest part about it is every time she sings, "I have you two…" she points to Ronnie and I. The love of this song couldn't come at a better time. In the midst of being a bit sad about our last failed IVF cycle, it warms my heart to sing a song that goes, "Could be, we three get along so famously, 'cause you two have me, and I have You Two too." Something about these lyrics light up my soul and make me feel so blessed to be a part of our trio. I'm not sure if we will always be a trio or if God will bless us with more kids at some point, but if we stay a trio, this song will always remind me what a blessing it is to be a threesome. Here's the song: