Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Things During a Tune-Up

As you maybe read, Ronnie is in for a tune-up. He got a bed on Saturday afternoon, so we are in full swing. I will let him write a post about what sent him into the hole, but my guess is it will be a few days...he's still at the point in his stay where is feels worse before he feels better.

I figured it would a good chance to read some of my favorite things to do with Mckenna while he is getting tuned-up. The name of the game is to pass time and have fun! They are in no particular order!

1. Take walks - Mckenna and I do this when Ronnie isn't in the hospital too, but we have more time on our hands while he's in, so we do more of it. Sometimes she rides in the stroller, while other times she walks also. We like to go "hunting for busses" in the mornings.

2. Go go the park - Daddy is usually the park-player. Mckenna and Daddy go to the park while I make dinner many evenings. But while he's in, the two of us go and she "teaches" me to do all the fun things she's learned with her daddy.

3. Adventures - I use the extra time to take Mckenna to places we haven't been in our area. It's fun to explore your own town.

4. Playdates - Mckenna and I have lots of playdates usually, but we have that many more when Ronnie is gone. It's nice to spend time with friends...for both of us.

5. Gym time - One of Mckenna's favorite things to do is play at the gym. One of my favorite things to do is to get a workout in and have a little "me" time. During a hospital stay, we both love it that much more!!

6. Eat together - We eat most meals as a family, but usually Mckenna is in her high chair. But when Ronnie's gone, Mckenna and I sit side by side at the kitchen island to eat meals, and it's fun to have meal dates together!

7. Bubble baths - Mckenna loves bubble baths. When Ronnie is gone, Mckenna and I kill some time by taking bubble baths together. We fill the tub with suds, put a show on the iPad, and play with toys until we are both prunes!

8. Snuggles in bed - Some mornings it's hard to spring right out of bed, so Mckenna and I snuggle in my bed for 30 minutes to an hour snacking on cereal, watching shows and playing games.

9. Time with family - We spend a lot of time with my parents and Ronnie's mom while he's in. It's a fun opportunity for all of us to see more of each other.

10. VISITING DADDY - This is the best of them all. Mckenna and I LOVE visiting Ronnie at the hospital. Time with a toddler in a hospital room passes slowly, but we all have fun spending time together in a new setting. Mckenna loves seeing daddy, but she also loves visiting the children's library at the hospital, as well as playing with the fun toys and "attractions" they have around the hospital.