Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thankful Thursday: Early Bedtime & Toughness

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful for an early bedtime…and I’m not talking about for the kiddos (although they have early bedtimes also). Ronnie and I have been getting in bed super early the last few nights, and it feels SO nice to get to sleep early. We are usually in bed at 9PM…and the best part? I’ve been falling asleep on the couch BEFORE getting into bed. #Winning!

I’m thankful for booty-kicking classes at the gym. There is nothing better than being in and out of the gym in 45 minutes and feeling like you got a great workout. We occasionally stay a little longer and do additional things, but it’s nice to be able to have gotten a complete workout in 45 minutes.

I’m thankful for fun with friends. Last Friday night, we met some friends at the park by our house, had our kiddos dawning bathing suits, brought sand toys, and had the girls build sand castles in the volleyball court sand. For hours they played like they were on the beach, even running through the water that sprays out to keep the dust down on the court. By the end of the night, the kiddos were sandy, and filthy, but SO wound up from all the fun they had playing “at the beach.” I’m so thankful for fun friends and fun times!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for Nyquil. I've been downing the Nyquil at night to get to sleep early while battling what might be three consecutive colds. I've been hacking it up for almost three weeks now and I'm just hoping this thing runs it's course very soon. Honestly, it's getting a bit annoying at this point :)

I'm thankful for cereal. Sometimes, when I'm not feeling so hot, I fall back on some "comfort foods". For me, that usually looks like bowls of cereal. I just had a bowl of Raisin Bran and I must say, it was deeeeelish. I still make sure to get my protein and fat in for the day, but sometimes carbs covered in milk is just right.

I'm thankful for a tough little girl. Mckenna is tough. No doubt about it. She wiped out on her bike yesterday and after a short cry, her next words were, "Can we try riding down that hill now Daddy?".

What are you thankful for today?