Sunday, May 1, 2016

Battleship

Hospital Stay: Day 13

He said - Had another great weekend with the fam. The cherry on top was Keni having a hospital sleepover. She is always very excited about the opportunity when I'm in here, but when it comes down to it, she sometimes backs out and doesn't actually stay over. She's very concerned about doctors coming in all through the night. Well last night she was not deterred and we had a great time hanging out together. She slept like a stud and we both had a relaxing morning together. I even had the opportunity to teach her how to play Battleship before Mandi and Bugs brought us breakfast :)

She said - This weekend has been a goodie. We left off on Friday I think, so I’ll go with the abridged version of the last 3 days so this doesn’t trail on for hours. Friday was filled with swim lessons, a field trip with Keni’s class to the butterfly wonderland (a butterfly exhibit place), naps, and gym. Saturday morning I had the holy grail of babysitters willing to come at 4:45AM, so I could get my long run in before it started getting hot. After my run, I quickly stopped by the gym, and then hurried home to get myself and the kids ready and packed for Tucson. We headed down to Tucson to see Ronnie. 

Ronnie’s mom took the kiddos for an adventure to McDonald’s and a pet store to give Ronnie and I some time sans kiddos. Then we all just hung out, ate dinner, and then Bennett and I headed back to his mom’s house so Ronnie and Mckenna could have a slumber party. Sunday we woke up and Bennett, Ronnie’s mom and I brought Ronnie and Keni breakfast. Then it was just hospital hanging out, followed by an adventure for lunch outside of the hospital (shhh don’t tell), and then we headed back to Phoenix. Once home, we settled back in, played a little, walked for froyo and did our bedtime routine. All in all it was an awesome weekend. Mckenna has definitely struggled this stay when it comes to saying goodbye to Ronnie. There are lots of sobs and devastation. It’s pretty heartbreaking, but once a little time goes by, she gets it together and she’s back to her happy self. She sure loves her daddy! 


The end is in sight…and we are all ready for it!