Thursday, September 17, 2009

Awesome Program to Help CFers!!!!

I wanted to do something a little different for this Thankful Thursday because instead of focusing on three things I am thankful for, I will tell you about one. Now, I'm very thankful for ANY program that helps CFers and their families and I'm thrilled to be able to shine a spotlight on the SolvayCARES scholarship program. I would encourage all of you to check out the different CFer profiles and stories by clicking here. Many of them are inspiring and it warms my heart to read of so many CFers doing so many positive things. I would highly encourage you to vote for the story that inspires you most as these kids are all competing for a scholarship. They've all already won a little something, so don't feel bad about picking a grand prize winner :)


This is an excerpt of an email I received from Solvay:


Anyways here is a little background on the scholarship:


40 SolvayCARES Scholarship recipients, one of whom will be named the 2009 Thriving Student Achiever, were selected to receive $2,500 for use during the academic year. As a special recognition for the amazing achievements of this year’s scholarship applicants, every eligible 2009 applicant was honored with a $500 scholarship. As a result, nearly 250 students are receiving educational funding this academic year through the SolvayCARES Scholarship program!


Furthermore, to celebrate the 17th year of the scholarship, this year's Thriving Student Achiever will be awarded $17,000! Voting for the Thriving Student Achiever starts today and ends October 15th, click here to vote. You can vote online, call toll free or text so be sure to check out the site to learn more.


I encourage you to check out the video above and head on over to their website to look through the profiles and vote for your favorite! I think it's awesome that Solvay has a program such as this and I wanted to personally thank them for helping so many CFers.

**The only compensation I received from Solvay for writing this post is happiness. Knowing that so many CFers lives can be changed by receiving these scholarships and furthering their education puts a huge smile on my face. When I was born, the life expectancy was barely college age. Times are a changin'!

Great thing is, you can receive the same compensation by visiting

1 people had something to say...:

Renee Barone said...

Ronnie thank you so much for sharing the news about this awesome scholarship!!! These people truly are amazing!!