Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Heart be Burnin'!

Here's what I'm so very thankful for this Thursday...

- I’m very thankful for airplanes. Although I’m a huge fan of road trips, the last cross-country adventure that Mandi and I embarked upon took a lot out of me and ended up crippling me for awhile (I went to ER cause I couldn’t walk when I got back to Arizona because of foot pain). I’m still amazed that a huge structure made of steel and full of people can magically float in the sky and make it across the entire United States in 4 hours. I wish I was smart enough to ACTUALLY understand flight. I’d also like to give big ups to Southwest Airlines as they are my preferred carrier and have paid me a lot of money to say that…man, that’d be awesome if that were true.

- I’m very thankful for anti-acid medicine. I’m not sure why, but I’ve had heart burn since Sunday (I think it was your spaghetti-bake mom) . I take Protonix, which usually squashes the fire coming up from my stomach, but I’ve been doubling the dose this week to keep it under control. I won’t lie, heartburn/acid reflux stinks and is super distracting, but I sure am glad that there is medicine we can take to control it.

- I’m thankful for my best friend Corky (his birth name is Clifford, if you’re curious). It was his big 30th birthday yesterday and he also celebrated one full year of the married life in July. We’ve been best friends since we were 14 years old and ended up starting at a new junior high school on the same day (second day of the second quarter). He also lived just about a 5 minute walk from my house, so to say that we hung out everyday in high school would be an understatement. We were roommates in college and roommates when we entered the “real world” after college. Here’s to 16 years of friendship and counting Cork. Happy Birthday!

Corky and his beautiful wife, Mari

Did you miss other Thankful Thursdays? Not to worry, click here, here and here

4 people had something to say...:

Denise said...

Airplanes fascinate me, too. I just can comprehend how that massive things flies!!!

Katey said...

I love your pictures with your list of thankful things!!! I hope your acid/heartburn gets better!! I'm also thankful for anti-acid meds!!!

Cara said...

I love your Thankful Thursday idea! I might have to borrow it occasionally. :)

Unknown said...

Cara-

You're more than welcome to borrow the Thankful Thursday theme...in fact, you can take it and never give it back!

Ronnie