Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Top Ten Toys I Never Grew Out Of


(**Written by Mandi)
Sunday night Ronnie and I went to listen to live music with friends of ours to celebrate one of our good friend's birthdays. As a little birthday gift, Ronnie and I bought her a Giant Googly Ball (see the picture to the left) that lights up when you push a button inside. It was a huge hit. Even people that weren't there with us took their turn playing with it. That got us talking on the car ride home about classic toys we still loved as adults. Here's our list in no particular order:

10. Etch a Sketch - You all know this one well. Two knobs on the lower left and right hand sides under the screen. The toy that takes massive amounts of concentration to make good images on even at an old age.
9. Pin Art - What other toy can you spent hours with making your hand and face into metal art? I used to love seeing that I could create, and would find myself fascinated with just the mere feel of it.
8. Slinky - Who walks the stair without a care. It shoots so high in the sky. Bounce up and down just like a clown. Everyone knows its Slinky. The best present yet to give or get. The kids will all want to try. The hit of the day when you're ready to play. Everyone knows it's Slinky. It's Slinky, It’s Slinky for fun it's the best of the toys It's Slinky, It’s Slinky the favorite of girls and boys.

7. Yo Yo - Now, I never was good enough to compete in any competitions, and never attended any conventions. But I did enjoy them and mastered the art of walking the dog and around the world.
6. Lite Bright - Ah there's nothing like making images out of little neon light bulbs. There's no wonder this is a toy that's been around since the 60s!

5. Slap Bracelet - It's metal covered in fabric, it's a bracelet, it's dangerous and removed from the market, it's CLASSIC!
4. Magnadoodle - I think my love for this toy stems from a fascination that it actually works!

3. View Master - Like your own personal slide show, no electricity needed.

2. Rubiks Cube - I've never once been able to actually make all the sides the same color, so I've never actually been GOOD at this toy. But I can waste hours playing with it.

1. Magic 8 ball - Will I marry him? Will my hair look good blonde? Will I get an A on my math test? The answer to all life's questions can be found in the infinite wisdom of the Magic 8 ball.



What are your favorite toys that you just never grew out of. We all have them!