Thursday, April 8, 2010

Drug of Choice

I decided that not only would this be a Thankful Thursday post but it would be a Thirsty Thursday post as well. I'd like to let you guys in on one of my vices. There is something that I do almost everyday, and usually twice a day, that is definitely bordering on addiction. If I don't do it, I crave it, and if I crave it, I usually go out of my way to get it. There's been times in my life that I have gone without, but it would generally consume at least part of my day thinking about getting my hands on it. I can't put my finger on the day that it became an addiction, but I'm pretty sure it was a problem as early as my freshman year of high school. By the time I was a senior, I'm afraid to admit that I was a full-fledged addict. I have yet to break the habit and I feel that as it gets hotter outside, my craving will only get worse. So what's this monster lurking in the shadows?

Any SPORTS DRINK that I can get my hands on.

As many of you know, there's plenty of options out there when it comes to this drug. Right now however, I'm pretty hooked on Powerade (and no, bloggy police, I am in no way affiliated or paid by this product). I think that the reason I choose Powerade right now over any of the others is tw0-fold; cost and taste. I can ALWAYS find Powerades for 88 cents a piece at my local grocer. I usually by at least 10 at a time and they only last for about a week. Favorite flavor? I'm going to have to go with Strawberry Lemonade....ahhh, I actually just took 3 large chugs and it tastes oh so good!!

I know this was a pretty random blog, but I just couldn't hide my addiction any longer. You understand right?