Monday, July 12, 2010

You want me to do WHAT??

**Do not eat before or during reading - you have been warned!!

This weekend was yet another CF-related first for me...bathroom scouting. Huh? You're thinking. Let me back up and start from the beginning.

Ronnie and I woke up a little late for church yesterday, and knowing that we were meeting some friends for lunch after, didn't eat breakfast, but did house a few cups of coffee. When we got to church, there were bagels, so we both happily devoured half a bagel to tide us over, but because we were eating on the fly, Ronnie ate his half sans pills. This combo (and who knows what else, maybe the pizza from Saturday night) resulted in Ronnie having a really upset stomach. As we were leaving church he was debating if he should go back and use the bathroom before trying to make the drive to meet our friends, and on top of that, his stomach was so upset he thought maybe he was going to have to call off lunch. Being the trooper that he is, however, he decided that he could hold it and that he could still hang out.

BAD IDEA!

By the time we arrived at the restaurant to meet our friends Ronnie had worked up a sweat clenching through the many waves of death. I know you know exactly what I'm talking about, so I won't say more! Another wave was hitting him as we pulled in the parking lot. He looked at me, sweat on his brow and looking a little tense and said, "Do you think this place has an ok bathroom?" Now let me explain, Ronnie's not usually bashful, but the restaurant is SUPER quaint and tiny, and if he can stink up 4/5 of our house on a good morning, he can certainly ruin most patrons' meals in a small restaurant. "I don't know" I responded. "Will you go look?" he asked, "If it's not, I'll drive somewhere else". I began wondering how this was going to go down. Our friends were inside. I knew if I went in, they'd see me, and I've have to say hi, but dart to the bathroom, which would require me outing Ronnie. "What do you want me to say??" "That I have to go to the bathroom and you have to scout the bathroom." DUH MANDI - obviously the man that still makes fart noises when he watches someone bend over wouldn't have a problem letting people know he was about to totally ruin this unsuspecting toilet!!

This wasn't a covert opp AT ALL. I ran in, gave the obligatory hugs, threw my purse down and said, "Ronnie's in the car and wants me to scout the bathroom to make sure it'll be a suitable environment..." AWKWARD! Luckily we were meeting with another CFer and her husband...so they get it.

Anywhooooo, just thought I'd sure that first. Needless to say, this is yet another lesson in never eating without enzymes!