Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's tough when you get out of whack

I was all out of whack these last four days. My trip to San Fran threw off my treatment and workout schedule and now it's up to me to power through and get back on track. Let's just say it was Today: 1 and Ronnie: 0.

I guess I should start off by saying that I didn't completely fall off the wagon while in San Fran. Of my 4 days there, I did 3 treatments a day twice and two treatments a day twice. Not terrible, but not great either. It wouldn't have been as bad if I would of stuck to an exercise routine while I was out there, but then again, it could have been much worse if we hadn't walked about 5 miles a day (at least). So, to summarize, there was a lot of give and take on this trip, but I'm afraid I did mostly taking...and I feel it. Not that I feel bad, but I just feel off. I'm going to have to hit the ground running tomorrow and make a plan and stick to it. That was of course the plan today, but as seems to be a common theme of this blog, I blew it.

I was fully planning to run the entire day and then what seemed to be in the eleventh hour, Mandi and I went on a bike ride instead. It was pure joy and an absolutely great time with my lovely wife, but deep down I just know it wasn't what I needed to do. I should of run before the ride. I needed to really step up to the plate today and I failed. It certainly wasn't planned, but it happened. I would have rather said that after my run today I went on a 5 mile bike ride with Mandi, but I can't. I wish I could tell you that I ran, but I won't. Now, the only way to fix it, is to make better decisions going forward.

Tomorrow is back on the wagon for this guy. I really need to get better at adjusting after being out of the same ol' routine for just four short days. I also need to get better at being committed to running even when not in the comfort of my own neighborhood.

Looks like I have a lot of improving to do. Let's hope it's all on the up and up from here...actually, screw that, it will be.