Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Top Ten Favorite Shows (at the moment)

It's been awhile since I've done a top ten list. I recently found myself talking about my favorite shows recently, so I figured I would write a blog about it. If you've seen my other Top Ten Favorite Shows list you may see some crossover, but then again, you may not. I'm just going with what moves me :)

The Biggest Loser - Just got done watching a couple episodes of this show. Lately I've been just fast-forwarding to the weigh-ins and the "big reveal" (you know, the good stuff), but this still has to be one of the best shows of all-time. If you find yourself full of excuses as to why you can't work out, tune in to see what these people can do.

Property Virgins - Although I think the host of this show is possibly one of the most annoying people in the world, I still enjoy watching "the virgins" and their house hunt. I love seeing inside of people's homes and this will usually satiate my appetite for a while.

Around the Horn - Whenever I turn this show on, Mandi says "Is this the show that has grown men yell at each other?". Uhhhh, yup! This show gives me some of my sports fill, plus it's a quick one to run through on the DVR.

Sportscenter - I know that I've said this before, but I could watch the same highlights of the same game and not get bored. I find myself on ESPN.com more often for my sports news than I do watching Sportscenter, but it will always be my go to when I want to fall asleep with the TV on.

The First 48 - This is definitely one of the coolest shows ever. It follows murder investigators during the first 48 hours after a homicide. You get to watch as they search for evidence, interview witness and connect the dots up until an (eventual) arrest. Best part is, it's real life and it's real entertaining.

Hoarders - Another show on A&E that we've been hooked on lately. This show can turn your stomach at times, but generally it has you thinking about picking up the messes around your house. Mandi will always ask me if we're close to being hoarders because of our "catch-all" closet.

The Office - This will go down as one of my top 5 favorite shows of all time. I look forward to watching it every week and I'm already trying to play through my head how it will be with Michael Scott gone.

Intervention - If you haven't seen this show already, you need to figure out a way to watch it. It is intense and you'll be thanking your lucky stars for your loved ones after the show. It's amazing to watch different addictions of all shapes and sizes play out on screen and to see how far the people come by the end of the show is truly a miracle.

Teen Mom - We just recently saw the finale and I'm ashamed to admit that I'm already ready for next season. I wish I could tell you what draws me to this show so much (other than my high school was full of these girls). I at least wish I could totally blame it on Mandi for my love of the show. I can't, so I won't, but I just beg of you, let me keep my man card.

Modern Family - If you're not watching this then you really must not care about laughing. Period.

So how does our list compare? What shows have you been into lately?