Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Itches & Girl Power

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for fellowship. I'll be honest, I used to be the biggest social butterfly you've ever met. But as I've aged, I've turned the other way and actually avoid random chit chat as much as possible. However, whenever I'm actually at a social gathering, I really enjoy myself. This has been exactly the case with our small group. We meet every other Wednesday, and I always really enjoy our time with the couples in our small group. The conversation is always thought-provoking and I truly enjoy all the other couples in the group. I am so thankful to have a great group of people at our church to be in fellowship with. Also, Tuesday night for the first time a group of woman from my church got together to just hang out, and I am so thankful for the time we spent together, and incredibly thankful that we're going to continue getting together every other Tuesday.

I'm thankful that I've stopped being hungry ALL the time. The first trimester of my pregnancy I felt like I could eat a 6 course meal ALL day, every day. And as I gained a little more weight than I was "supposed to" I was a little worried. However, I have stopped feeling like I needed to stuff my face all day, so I think I'm eating quantities of food that are far healthier for me and for peanut.

I'm thankful for popcorn. I've always loved popcorn, and it always hits the spot. But I often don't think of it when I'm looking for a snack. However, I rediscovered my love of popcorn last night, and MAN am I thankful for that salty, buttery treat!!!


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for new connections made this week. It's seems like every week I am fortunate enough to talk to a couple new people from the CF community who I have previous not been able to speak at length before. I love getting the opportunity to connect on a deeper level and have the ability to share stories with each other. Every week is pretty awesome, but some connections that I've made this week are super awesome.

I'm thankful for my spur of the moment "itches to do something". I'm the type of person that if I get the urge to so something, I do it. Now, sometimes this is terrible and sometimes this is good. This week it was good. I had the sudden urge to clean our "catch-all closet". I'm sure that most of you know what I'm talking about. You know, that closet (or room) that collects everything that you don't have a place for. Well this week, I got the urge. As of right now it's not completely clean, but I'll tell you what, it look 1000 times better than it did on Monday!

I'm thankful for doctors that listen. During my last clinic visit I presented my doc with an new (but old) medication that I wanted to try out after hearing some good things about it on CysticLife.org. Without hesitation the doctor agreed to look it up and figure out the best way for me to get it. Within a week I was on my way to pick it up from the pharmacy. Thank you Dr. Daines!!

I'm thankful for the members of CysticLife. We were made aware today by the company that handles our server that CysticLife.org was coming close to using up all of it's allotted memory. What a great problem to have! Basically, being too active on the site is both bad and good...well bad until we can upgrade our server :) For the time being the site will have slower response time (we were able to make a few adjustments to improve response time today), but we're well on our way to making the necessary upgrades. What an awesome problem to have huh?!?!?

So, what are you thankful for today?