Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Birthing Class & Bob/Rob

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for Chik-fil-A. They have a spicy chicken wrap that tastes like heaven...and I happened to have for dinner last night! It comes with a spicy ranch dressing, which I don't use, but instead I used their buffalo sauce on it, and MAN is it good! I highly recommend you give this tasty treat a try.

I'm thankful for birthing classes. Last night we had the first of 4, 2.5-hour birthing classes through our hospital. In just the first class I feel like I learned a lot and am so glad that we did it. It's a great way to learn what to expect and what all the tips and tricks are. I will say, it makes me REALLY eager to have our little nugget in our arms!

I'm thankful for activity. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and I'm so thankful that I'm still able to work out and be active. I know I've mentioned this before, but I am just so thankful for this that I foresee it creeping onto my Thankful Thursday list a few more times before the end of the pregnancy. I have been able to maintain my same exercise routine and even up it a bit since getting pregnant, and I'm feeling great. It really helps me feel like a human and like I haven't totally fallen out of shape as a result of the pregnancy.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for Bob, the new spin class instructor. Our regular Tues/Thur teacher will be gone for the next ten weeks as she works on a different certification, so a new guy, Bob, is filling in for her. Bob is a very quirky guy and opened up the first class by rapping for a full two minutes. And this coming from a lanky, white, spin dude was quite interesting. Apart from that, he's a great instructor. His coaching style really gets me going and there's just something about the way he teaches that allows me to get to my max (and stay there) more than with other instructors. I'm really looking forward to the next 10 weeks of spin class with Bob.

I'm thankful for Rob. Rob is my neighbor who helped me out with all of my home projects this weekend. I wasn't really interested in doing things around the house when I was younger, so I really didn't learn your everyday fix-it tips. Rob is a great teacher and really brings out the handyman inside of me. Luckily he's very patient and doesn't roll his eyes at all of my stupid questions. He had to explain to me several times this weekend exactly how electricity is grounded and what completes "the loop". Each and every time he did it with a smile on his face.

I'm thankful for our new birthing classes. I've never been one of those "sit in a class and learn" type of guys, but I've always loved learning a little bit about everything.This birthing course is a nice overview of the whole process from third-trimester of pregnancy to your first couple of weeks home with the baby. We've already learned some valuable tips and I can rest assured that we'll learn many more!

So, what are you thankful for today?