Monday, August 1, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

So I should probably start by apologizing for the super late post today. I was out of town all weekend for the CFRI Conference in San Francisco, and today has been a little a-typical.

But I'm back in business and thought I'd fill you in on the weekend. The CFRI Conference is always a great time to meet other CF patients and families face-to-face, as well as learn a whole bunch of new information about what's going on in the world of CF. I will say, I am normally a put-my-feet-up-and-relax kind of gal on the weekend, so going non-stop gets to be a little much for me, but the weekend is always so worth it I keep coming back for more (this is my second year going). I really enjoyed meeting some folks face-to-face that I've "known" online for some time, and it was awesome getting to catch up with some people I met there last year. The lectures were all interesting, but Tiffany Christensen's talk was by far my favorite - that cyster is a rockstar and if you ever have a chance to go hear her speak, GO!

While this cat was away, my mouse certainly did not just play. Ronnie spent all weekend doing projects around the house. We're talking a solid 30 hours of work around our house. The really exciting part was that I didn't know what he was doing. So when I got home, we walked through the whole house I had to try to guess what he had done. It was a really fun game and the house looked beautiful - man my hubby is the best!

Just a quick peanut update. Peanut's doing great (as far as we know), I feel like my belly got WAY bigger this weekend, but maybe some of it is just bloating from sodium-filled conference food. We are 27 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and I cannot wait for next week, so we can be into our third trimester...YIPPEE! One fun effect of this pregnancy that I experience in full-force this weekend was serious swelling in my calves and feet. I guess I'm not used to sitting in a chair all day, and so I quickly realized what happens when I do...my legs turn into tree stumps! We're talking so much bigger that my ankles looked a little white-ish...HOT! Oh well, they would go down over night and re-swell by the end of the next day. I'm not complaining though, at least I know what my legs and feet would look like as a 400 lb woman....OR by the end of this pregnancy!

All in all it was a great weekend, but it's even better to be home with my hubby!