Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge...Still Struggling.

About three weeks ago I posted about my attempt to cut some lbs over the course of the next 6 months. If you missed the post and want to catch up, you can find it here. I figured I would update you guys on how I did on achieving my weekly goals plus let you know what my new goals are for this week. Here were my original goals:

Using smaller plates for my meals
Not returning for seconds
Eating more servings of vegetables and fruit
Taking more time to eat my meals

I knocked the first week's goals out of the park. We then added additional goals onto my original ones. My goals for the last two weeks have been the same. I still haven't scored 100% on accomplishing them, so until I do, we will not set new ones. Plus, I feel really comfortable with what they are and think that they are all very good to shoot for. Here are my goals for this week:

I will continue with small plates and no second servings
I will eat three servings of vegetables at least 3 days per week.
I will continue to slow down my eating by chewing more and more slowly, and setting food/utensil down between bites.
I will lift 3 days/week and spin 3 days/week. I will also do a separate workout on one of the weekend days.
I will watch the videos (that were sent to me) and begin playing around with the 12 Kg kettlebell.
I will ride my bike while Mandi runs at least 3 mornings/week.

So far, I'm still struggling with the same ones that I was struggling with last week. I feel like I am constantly hungry, so when that snack or meal finally comes, it's hard not to scarf it down. One good thing is that even tough I don't feel full immediately, I'm aware enough to know that it just takes my brain a little bit to register the feeling. Still, I'm not accomplishing all that I have set out to do, so I'm going to have to figure something out. As far as the three servings of veggies, I have improved, but I need to get better. I've tried to increase my salad intake, with the most yummy salad dressing ever (sesame ginger) and I've discovered that I love carrots...as long as they're dipped in hummus. If I could really nail down these last two I would be ready to move on to bigger and better things. I just really need to buckle down.

You guys were great at giving me tips last week and I took most of them to heart. If you have any additional tips or didn't chime in last week, please don't hold back. I need all of the help that I can get!

I started this journey at 205 and was down to 197 a week later. A week after that I was down to 193. Just weighed myself: 191.