Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Shorts & Thoughtfulness

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:


I'm thankful for Christmas. There is nothing like celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ! I'm so thankful God sent His only son, so that I may be forgiven of my sins. I'm also thankful that there is a holiday to celebrate Jesus' birthday that is always so joyous and exciting.

I'm thankful for the first Christmas with my baby girl. She obviously doesn't get it yet, as her day was just filled with more eating, pooping, sleeping and playing, but she was the best gift this year. I can't wait for future Christmases with her. Next year she'll be able to open her own gifts, which will be exciting. That being said, I don't want her to ever grow up - I'm cherishing the baby phase!!

I'm thankful for a husband who listens. I hate buying workout shorts because I think they're over-priced, and he knows that. But I have been talking about needing new shorts for some time now. Being the great listener he is, he bought me several pairs of workout shorts AND some shirts. YIPPEE!! What a good listener and thoughtful hubby!


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful that I was able to have my first family Christmas morning. Now when I say family, I'm talking about just me, Mandi and Mckenna. I was looking forward to doing our own thing Christmas morning and starting our own little traditions as a family. We also were able to have the best of all worlds as we hung out with my side of the family Christmas Eve and Mandi's side on Christmas Day after starting at our house. It was really a special time had by all at all stops during this year's Christmas Tour :)

I'm thankful for thoughtful family members. I myself have never claimed to be a great, or should I say, thoughtful, gift giver. I tend to be very practical with my gifts and often times just listen for a family member to actually say that they need something or that an item often used is about to break. Not only do most of my family members give very practical gifts, but they're also very thoughtful since a majority of the things that I got are not something that I already own, but something that will make my life easier. If you're reading this and you gave me a Christmas gift, THANK YOU. If you didn't get me a gift, WHY NOT?? Kidding.


I'm thankful for fresh squeezed Orange Juice. I'm only thinking about it right now because I'm sipping on some as I write this. We have a couple of orange trees in our yard and December is a great month to harvest the delicious little orange balls. I generally drink nothing but water, but I'll make an exception for anything that comes from one of our fruit trees!!

So, what are you thankful for today?