Tuesday, April 3, 2012

If I Had One Superpower

Mandi and I are doing our best to take part in the WEGO Health Blog Challenge this month. It's actually pretty simple, they send topics, we write on them. Mandi did a great blog yesterday about her favorite inspiring quote and today it's my turn to be prompted. So here it is...

If you had a superpower - what would it be? How would you use it?

I can only pick one??? Well, first I guess I should tell you about the ones that came to mind, but I eliminated and why.

Flying - Flying would be cool, but if I was the only one with the superpower, then I'd be doing a lot of waiting too. Why you ask? Well, if I was flying to meet up with friends at dinner, I'd either have to wait at my house to leave or wait at the restaurant for them t get there. Plus, when I fly, I like to zone out. I wouldn't be able to zone out if I have to look out for birds, planes and other objects in the air. Being "on my toes" the entire time would take a lot of the joy out of flying for me.

Invisible - I can see some various perks to being invisible (like being a "fly on the wall"), but I just can't get over the fact that it just seems a bit creepy to me. Even if I was invisible in a totally "non-creepy" place, the fact that no one else can see me is still, well, creepy.

Telepathy - This one would be easier for me to handle than being invisible, plus I could gather much of the same information as I would if no one could see me. Problem is, do I really want to know what everyone else is thinking? Probably not. And if I wasn't convinced before, I was after watching the movie What Women Want.

So that leads me to the actual superpower that I would choose...Seeing into the future. I'm assuming that's a super power right? Well, if it's not, I'm making it one. I could pretty much accomplish anything I wanted to with being able to see into the future that I could with being invisible or telepathic and then some. Some people don't want to know that future, but I'm not one of them. I don't think I would be negatively impacted. I could be wrong, but I'm not going to think about it too hard since this is all make believe anyway.

So how would I use it? Well, it depends if I could change the future or not. If I could, then I would probably do my best to be the world police and stop much of the heartache that happens as a result of crime away. I would also use it for financial gain. Could you imagine knowing what the stock market will look like 6 months from now? How about the next lottery numbers? The thing is, if I could see ONE day into the future at random, I could change the lives of many, many people around me.

I guess for me it all comes down to this: I've just heard way more people say "If only I would have known" rather than, "I'm glad I didn't see this coming."

What about you? What would be your superpower and how would you use it? If you write a blog about this, let me know so I can check it out!