Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday: 7pm & SleepEasy Solution


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for a 7 o'clock bedtime for Mckenna. We start putting Mckenna down at 7PM every night...and I LOVE IT. We were putting her down at 10 and then moved it to 9 and then 8 (over the course of the last few months). And with starting her bedtime routine an hour before bedtime, it would "ruin" dinner time. It really threw off trying to make dinner, eat, etc and then we didn't have much "us" time. But with a 7PM bedtime, we can eat after she goes down and have time just us in the evening. The best part is she is a very happy girl going to bed then. Win-win situation all around.

I'm thankful for the book The SleepEasy Solution. I'll write a whole blog on this later, but for now I'll just say that this may be the single best book I've ever read, and may save my sanity and get both me and Mckenna more sleep at night. We are three nights into the method and it has worked like a charm. (One quick note - if you're against a little crying for a baby, please don't tell me. It took a lot of back and forth and reading to work into being willing to give this a try, and I don't think I can take a bunch of angry comments...ha!)

I'm thankful for a hubby who does it all. I hate doing laundry. Ok, I shouldn't say laundry. I don't mind the act of putting it into the washer and switching it to the dryer, but I HATE folding laundry. So often I do laundry, and it just sits in the dryer or laundry baskets for days...sometimes weeks (I know, embarrassing). This weekend Ronnie did several loads of laundry and folded that all. WAHOO!! I can't think of a sweeter thing for my hubby to do around here. 

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful that Mckenna's bedtime is now earlier. We used to put Mckenna down anywhere between 830 and 930 for much of her first 6 months on this planet. Lately however, we've been putting her down at 7pm. This calls for us to start her bedtime routine much earlier which cuts into the daylight hours BUT it gives Mandi and I a couple hours each night to just hang out with each other. Every morning that I wake up, I start counting down the time to those couple precious one-on-one hours.

I'm thankful for a growing garden. This is the first year that I ever tried planting seeds and so far, so good. Everything has sprouted and seems to be getting bigger every time I journey out that way (which is a few times a day). I'm still trying to get the watering down, but in due time, I'm sure it will come. It's always trial and error when it comes to watering anything in this desert heat.

I’m thankful for second-hand stores. Mandi and I picked up another jogging stroller this week after I backed over our first jogging stroller with our car. Whoops. It wouldn't have been a big deal, but I actually managed to bend the frame in on itself. We plan on getting it fixed if the cost isn't too high, but int the mean time, we're so thankful that we stumbled across a jogging stroller at a second-hand place. Mckenna loves it and has been taking many of her afternoon naps while touring the neighborhood. 

So, what are you thankful for today?