Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Single Daddyhood


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

Mandi is out of town at the moment, but I'm sure she's at least just a little bit thankful to get a break from full-time mommy duty :)

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for my wife and my baby's momma, and yes, they are the same lady :) This week, Mandi headed out of town for work which left me all alone with Mckenna. I'm on full-time "single daddy" duty for 60 hours, but who's counting? Both of us didn't quite know how this stretch would go since Mckenna is exclusively breast-fed with the ever so occasional bottle when the time calls for it. She is also almost exclusively tended to by her momma at night. Since she feeds twice in the night still, and because she prefers the boob, Mandi is the one that has to interrupt her sleep each and every night to feed out daughter. I have 60 hours of this. She's had 6 months of this. I can't believe how fortunate I am to not only be married to my best friend, and I mean that sincerely, but to be married to such a good and natural momma. She is so caring; she works so hard; She does it all with a smile on her face and with very few complaints. When I say that God created her with me in mind, that may just be the understatement of the year.

I'm thankful that the first 24 hours have gone off without a hitch. Mckenna has eaten extremely well. She's slept like a champ. And she's been overall happy for the first 1/3 of our journey together. We really are so blessed to have such an easy going baby. She's very willing to entertain herself for a while and when it's needed by her daddy, she's very willing to snuggle up in my arms. That's the best of both worlds if you ask me!!

I'm thankful I'm not actually a single parent. Parenting is such a team sport and I'm thankful that I'm not the only one on my team. I could not imagine doing what I've done for the past 24 hours repeatedly (for the most part) for the next 18 days, much less 18 years! I know roles and duties can shift slightly, but to be the sole provider for someone must not only being stressful, but extremely tiring. And I don't know about you guys, but entertaining a baby all day by myself actually gets a bit boring :)

So, what are you thankful for today?