Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Bikes and Boards


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for a moving baby. Mckenna is fully on the move now. She's crawling in and out of rooms, and she's pulling up on every piece of furniture, wall, door, etc. It is incredible to watch. She is so curious. She is so content. She is so proud. And best of all, she is so tough and brave. She falls, and she rarely cries. When she's standing, she sees something she wants and goes for it. Having a little girl so tough and fearless may make for some bumps and bruises when she's a youngster and some big mistakes when she's a teen, but it will serve her well in life. So I'm thankful for a wonderful little girl. I just pray we can protect her some! Ha!

I'm thankful for new bikes. We used to have dinky bikes from Target and Walmart, and let's just say you get what you pay for. We wanted to make sure we rode them enough before investing in nicer bikes. We'll yesterday we both more legit bikes and boy are they awesome. We got a little baby seat for the front and the three of us have already gone on 2 bike rides since 5PM yesterday. Mckenna loves her seat, and we love getting out as a family.

I'm thankful for smoothies. We've been having a smoothie every day for lunch and they are AWESOME! Grab a blender, yogurt, and fruit (fresh and/or frozen) and you will not be sorry!!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for bike rides. Mandi and I recently purchased new bikes after our cheapy bikes from two years ago just couldn't hold up anymore. Considering it would have cost us half of the value of the bike to get it back in working order (not including materials), we decided it would be a wiser decision to invest in bikes that will last longer. Considering we ride bikes almost daily, it seems like a good choice!


I'm thankful for professionals in the CF community that view us as more than a job. I had the pleasure of working and hanging out with a great doctor from Boston this weekend that reenergized my faith in CF doctors. Not that I was losing a ton, but I do hear plenty of bad stories of docs out there. Anyway, Dr. Ahmet U. out in Bean Town is quite an exceptional man. He cares, he's focused and he won't quit until all of his patients outcomes are improved.


In the same light, I'm thankful for the CF Taskforce. I'm blessed to be able to serve on a board at my hospital whose main goal is to make the experiences between the CF community and doctors, nurses and the hospital in general, even better. I feel honored to be able to bring a patient perspective to the table and just hope I'm representing all of my friends well.

So, what are you thankful for today?