Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Cow's Milk & Blow Torches


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for grocery stores. We are so blessed to be able to jump in a car, and after a 5 minute drive, get to a central location that has any food or drink or toiletry, etc we want. That's a luxury I rarely give thanks for.

I'm thankful for breakfast for dinner. Last night we had breakfast quesadilla's for dinner. Why is it that breakfast tastes better at dinner time?

Speaking of breakfast quesadillas, I'm thankful for cow's milk products. Mckenna didn't do so well with cow's milk, we think, so I cut it out of my diet when she was 3 weeks old. I didn't go crazy and read labels of packaged foods, but I cut out all big sources, milk, yogurt, cheese, butter, ice cream, and the like. Well this last week I have tried adding a little cow's milk back here and there, and she's been totally fine! Man oh man have I missed cheese! There are so many tasty foods with cheese, I have discovered. Ha! I'm just so thankful that she's been ok with a little cow's milk, and I'm excited to expand my culinary horizons again!


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for homemade tortillas. We had a quick trip down to Mexico recently, and one of my favorite parts about being down there is picking up some piping hot, freshly made tortillas. It is also pretty cool that they're only $1 a dozen. We used some of them to make some "breakfast quesadillas" that were pretty darn awesome if I must say so myself!

I'm thankful for my home. After so much travel, it's just good to be home. It's nice to sit on my couch. It's nice to sit at my desk. It's nice to sleep in my bed. It's nice to be in my element. Don't get me wrong, I love being in different places once in awhile, but my heart will always be here at home...assuming of course that Mandi and Mckenna are here as well :)

I'm thankful for black lights and blow torches. At about this time every year, scorpion hunting season begins. We live in an area known as "scorpion alley" since all homes in this area are known to have a few scorpions running around. We do the whole pest control thing, but something that I've been told, and that I truly believe is that the only way to get rid of the problem, is to "seek and destroy". We went out last night and torched about 10 of our friends and I won't stop until every last one of them is dead.

So, what are you thankful for today?