Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Picnics & Playtime


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for picnics. Ronnie and I are so blessed to both work from home, which gives our family a lot of flexibility. Yesterday, for lunch, we enjoyed a picnic together in our backyard under the shade of a tree. We ate, Mckenna splashed around in a bin (yes, bin, not pool ha!)

I'm thankful for new words. Mckenna has a new sound she makes. She has been making the sound Dadada all day for the last month and a half, but her new sound is...wait for it...MAMAMAMAMA! WAHOO!

I'm thankful for a gym that's close by. On Tuesday, our plans for the day changed a bit last minute, but because our gym is so close, we were able to both make it to the gym independently for a quick workout.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for playtime with Mckenna. Each and every day I get to play with Mckenna and watch her discover all types of new things. I'll be the first to say that at times, playing with a baby can get a bit boring, BUT I am thankful for this time in her life and try to remember that she'll only be this age once. Plus, any one-on-one time I get with my baby is a good thing!

I'm thankful for AIM. Mandi and I work in separate parts of the house and AIM makes it much easier to communicate. There are a few times when we can't get our point across via the interweb, but 9 times out of 10, it does just fine. Plus, we save our voice boxes from trying to shout our messages across the house :)

I'm thankful for the pest guy that just came. We had a "professional scorpion hunter" (my title, not his) named Jason come out to our place and dust/spray our yard plus black light for  scorpions. We ended up catching about 30 adults and 30 babies. Not bad for a night's work! Let's just hope that the dusting and spraying does a number on any that are left.

So, what are you thankful for today?