Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Adaptable Baby & Turkey Tacos


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:


I'm thankful for a supportive husband. My grandpa was hospitalized for pneumonia and since we don't have family near him, my brother and I fly out tonight to spend the weekend with him so he has company. I am so thankful that I have a husband that is willing to be on daddy duty all weekend long, at the drop of a hat. He is always willing to pick up my slack when I need it!


I'm thankful for an adaptable baby. Mckenna is such a great sport! Before yesterday, she had never had formula. When I decided Tuesday that I was flying to see my grandpa Thursday night, I knew I wasn't going to have enough breast milk to last her all weekend. I'll be honest, this gives me total anxiety and it kills me!! Formula is perfectly fine and I know it's what works for some families, but I am a passionate breastfeeding momma, and the thought of giving Mckenna formula after 10 months of straight breast milk felt a bit awful and I hated it. I was also nervous she may not take it. So yesterday we tested out a bottle of formula for one feeding. I made the bottle, gave it to Ronnie, and held my breath. She drank it down no problem...happy as a clam. PHEW!! I am so thankful.

I'm thankful for breast pumps. Do you notice a trend this week? Ha! Once I realized I was leaving, I transformed myself into Bessy the Cow, to attempt to get as many bottles of breast milk as possible for Mckenna this weekend. I have pumped as much as possible (even in the middle of the night a couple times). I don't know what I'd do without an electric pump!! I am so thankful that I have that option!!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for clean eating. Part of my new challenge or "lifestyle change" if you will is to eat more "clean". That simply means avoiding processed foods and focus on food that are natural - either by animal or from the ground. I can feel the "lighter" effects already as I don't feel so sluggish and my bloating has significantly decreased. On a side note: My poops have been amazing :)


I'm thankful for ground turkey, whole wheat tortillas and the Santa Fe mix. This has become my favorite meal throughout the day and I'm so happy that my wife suggested it. The Santa Fe mix is a mix of corn, peppers, onions, etc and tastes great on top of the turkey. I eat the "turkey taco" around 2:30pm each day and boy do I look forward to it!

I'm thankful for family close by. We've mentioned this before, but my brother-in-law and sister-in-law live about .4 miles from our house. Lately, we've been taking afternoon bike rides over there to hang out with Uncle Josh and Aunt Chrissy. It's been nice to just hang out and relax with them each day.

So, what are you thankful for today?