Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Starbucks & Water


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for quality time. Mckenna and I have been spending tons of quality time together. I love all the laughs, smiles, and new discoveries we've had these last few weeks.

I'm thankful for Starbucks. Yes, I'm THAT mom! Every morning, Mckenna and I have made a trip to Starbucks just to get out of the house first thing in the morning...and get a little caffeine in my system.

I'm thankful for a hubby who takes care of himself. It isn't awesome single-momming it, but I am SO appreciative that Ronnie isn't here. When he's away because he's taking care of himself, it makes me love him more. I want him around for decades, and the only way that will happen is if he's gone a little bit each year. I have been blessed with a great man who takes GREAT care of himself for me, and for that, I am thankful!!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for bottled water. I drink water all of the time when I'm out of the Hole, but it's rarely bottled. Here, I'm able to order bottled water with every meal and I generally drink about 150 oz a day. Water just makes everything better...although I do pee about 492 times a day. 

I'm thankful for monsoon season. I have a great view of the mountains and the Tucson sky for this hospital stay and it's been great to see the storms roll through. There was a pretty impressive lighting show last night and I just wish I had a camera handy. There aren't many things that I like in regards to Tucson over Phoenix, but monsoon season is one of them.

I'm thankful for comforts from home. While in the Hole, I have my own pillows, blanket, towels, coffee maker and TV. It seems like a lot to bring, but it sure does provide a little sense of normalcy amongst a not so normal situation. 

So, what are you thankful for today?