Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thankful Thursdays: Rashless Bum & Trust


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for my husband and Mckenna's daddy. You don't know what you have til it's gone...that's what they say, right? Well they're RIGHT! I've been a single momma since Monday and holy smokes does it make me miss Ronnie. He does so much for Mckenna and I, and I have trouble doing his jobs around here!

I'm thankful for proactivity. Having Ronnie away is a bummer, but I am so thankful that he's gone. Ronnie does what he knows is best for his health, and therefore for me and Mckenna. Since he goes in as soon as he thinks he's on the decline, it keeps the stays short and keeps him at his best! 

I'm thankful for a rashless bum. Mckenna has a crazy diaper rash going on (thanks to some burning diarrhea...lovely). It has turned the days into constant diaper changing and diaper rash care...not to mention screams come changing time. It's awful. I never gave any thought to the rashless bum she had before, but I am SO thankful for it and I can't wait to have it back! I'll never take her rashless bum for granted again. Any suggestions mom and dads out there? I've even gone total hippy and I'm putting breastmilk on the rash and letting her roam diaperless for periods of time. Any good tips?


Ronnie's List:


I'm thankful for the trust I've established between myself and my doctors. Every time I come into the hospital, it doesn't necessarily mean that I feel extremely sick. It does however mean in the very least that I feel I'm headed down that path because of the inability to do what I need to do at home. 

I'm thankful for a wife who can run the show while I'm in the Hole. While I'm getting tuned up it's all on Mandi to parent and entertain our little monster. It doesn't help that Mckenna is feeling a bit under the weather right now, but nevertheless, Mandi scores a 100 on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of being a wife and mama and person in general :)

I'm thankful for Dragon Dictate. A couple of years ago Mandi gifted me a program that types out what I say. It's a lifesaver when I have an IV stuck in a precarious place on my arm that prevents me from typing. It also comes in handy when I'm just sick of pounding on the keyboard. In fact, my whole Thankful Thursday was spoken. 

So, what are you thankful for today?