Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Smiles and FDA

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for smiles. Mckenna now smiles on command. She has this adorable little face that she makes that a little resembles a smile, and a little resembles a gremlin. I LOVE IT!

I'm thankful for sweet potatoes. THEY ARE SOOO GOOD!! There really isn't much to say beyond if you haven't had sweet potatoes before, TRY THEM!!

I'm thankful for early bedtimes. This week Ronnie and I got into bed a few nights SUPER early and got really good nights' sleep. It is incredible what a difference a good, long night's sleep can make.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for an inside look of the goings-on at the FDA. I was invited to say a few words about the importance of new drugs for the CF community, and thoroughly enjoyed my time doing so. It's pretty cool to share your opinion with people who hold so much power in their vote to recommend a new drug or it. Cool and scary (that they have so much power).

I'm thankful Mckenna's heartmelts. She has quite a few of them, but I'd say her latest one is her smile. She will now smile when I ask her to and it may be the cutest thing on earth. Sure is getting tougher and tougher to say "no" ;)

I'm thankful for sports. I was asked today what sports I liked and my answer was, "Anything with competition and a ball makes it even better." I just love watching any and all sports at anytime. I like that I don't have to focus on it and can be doing other things while checking in on the game, and I love the games that I'm totally into and can't step away from the TV!

So, what are you thankful for today?