Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Control & Support


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful that God is in control of my life. For a control freak like me, it's a hard thing to relinquish control. But I know I am in good hands. There are some events in life that we will never have explanations for, but I seek comfort in the fact that there are reasons for everything, even when I am not privy to them.

I'm thankful for Mckenna. Monday night before bedtime, Mckenna just wanted to snuggle in her glider...a little longer than normal. As we sat there, her snuggled in my arms, I studied her face. I wondered to myself if I would remember the exact contours of her face at this stage years down the road. Would I remember the slight wrinkles under her eyes, the shape of her lips, the rosiness of her cheeks. I wondered why I never took the time to commit her face to memory intentionally. I listened to her breathing. Slow and calm. Relaxed. Safe. In hindsight, there was no better time to appreciate and cherish my little love than Monday night.

I'm thankful for Jelly Bellies. No explanation needed! Ha!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for a supportive wife. Mandi makes my CF and non-CF life very easy. She is quick to offer a helping hand with anything I need and completely understands when my health must take precedent over something else going on in our life. I can't imagine being with a partner that didn't understand that we must do what we have to do in order to put our family in the best position to succeed. Sure makes things a lot easier!!

I'm thankful for support. The outpouring of letters, notes, emails, phone calls etc has been so humbling since our little hiccup in the IVF process last week. We of course never wanted or expected to have a miscarriage, but being surrounded by love and support certainly makes it a little more bearable.

I'm thankful for apps. It still amazes how many apps are available for download that can make our lives easier. Mandi just started using one that helps track her food intake and exercise, and I must admit, it's pretty sweet. So sweet in fact that she convinced me to give it a try :) 

So, what are you thankful for today?