Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Viewing Parties & Sweat

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:


Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for Jelly Bellies. I'm sure I've done this one before...but they're so good that it can be repeated. And really, there's no explanation needed. They're just AWESOME.

I'm thankful for big water cups. I try to drink a lot of water in a day (a gallon or so), and unless I have a BIG cup, it doesn't happen. I loathe having to refill a cup, especially over and over again (if it's small, you spend all day filling it up). So I use a 25oz and a 34oz cup, so I don't have reload very often.

I'm thankful for family viewing parties of the Bachelorette. While it's not the most edifying show on TV, it definitely is entertaining and gives us all a good laugh. Josh and Chrissy have been coming over to watch the Bachelor or Bachelorette for many seasons now, but since my parents are back, we invited them to join the action on Monday night. We all enjoyed a yummy taco dinner and watched "love" happen (and by love, I mean, "like". And by "like" I mean "feelings brought on by extreme situations that never last beyond the show"). It was a blast. Since it was in Germany, my dad spent most of the show typing things into a translator on his ipad, and having it say his thoughts in german. It was hilarious. Mom, Chrissy, and I gabbed about the potential in each man. Ronnie controlled the remote, pausing it occasionally so the peanut gallery would finish their conversations and shut up. All in all, it was eventful, fun, and a must every week!


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for fresh flowers. We recently replaced some dead flowers in a couple of pots in front of our house with new fresh white vincas and I'm digging the look. Granted, I don't know how long they'll live in 115+ degree weather, but I'll be sure to enjoy them while they're still around.

I'm thankful for Home Depot. I feel lost and like a complete idiot every time I'm in that store, but they often have just what I need to complete project x, y or z. If they don't have what I'm looking for, they are always so helpful in trying to locate it. I also pick up a little bit more knowledge each and every time I set foot in that store.

I'm thankful for sweat. Sweat is generally an indicator of working hard at the gym. At least for me, when I start sweating, I feel like I'm actually working. The beginning of workouts are always tough because I don't see the return right away and I'm always thinking to myself, "you better push harder to break that sweat.". When I finally do see those drops of sweat falling off of my forehead, I always tend to get more energized during my workout.

So, what are you thankful for today?