1. "Aye a mimi"- This is her version of "wait a minute". She doesn't say it to tell us to hold on, but rather, when she's doing something questionable. When I catch her doing something I'm not sure I want her to do (like unzipping pockets in my purse, looking in a cupboard, etc), I say, "wait a minute" in a silly voice. So now, in a silly voice when she sees me first see her doing something questionable, she says, "aye a mimi".
2. "mm hmm"and "okay" - Apparently when I list out the steps of something we are doing, "ok, let's get your shoes, put on our hat, get your milk, and get in the car" (all said as I'm doing each thing) I guess I must say, "okay" or "mmhmm" as I do each thing. Well now Mckenna says, "shoes..mm hmm" "milk...mm hmm" as she tells me a list of things she'd like to accomplish. And sometimes I think she uses it thinking it will make her request more likely. Like then it's not a question, but something that IS happening. "Treat....mm hmm" It cracks me up!
3. "OTAY" - Mckenna has realized it's not just what you say, but how you say it. Sometimes when I say something and follow it with, "okay?" she says in a silly voice, "OTAY" and smiles. It's cute.
4. "Oh Memma" - Mckenna says her name, "Memma". And sometimes when she does naughty things Ronnie or myself will say, "Oh Mckenna"...which she then immediately parrots, "Oh memma!"
5. "Du, Ee, Aye" - This would be Mckenna for "one, two, three". She doesn't know how to count, although she does fill in the blank correctly from time to time if you say, "one..." she will say "two" or if you say "one..two..." she will fill in "three". However, when she wants to indicate to you that she is counting (like counting to three during hide and seek or before jumping off the edge into the pool) she says, "Du, Ee, Aye"...sure, that sounds like "one, two, three," right? Ha!
I could go on all day, but those are some of our favorites right now. I love that I can get insight into her little mind and see her personality come through in her words. I'm sure it will only get more fun from here!