Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Paradise Bakery & New Music

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:


I'm thankful for two healthy legs. As I posted on Monday, I ran a half marathon on Sunday. There was a man on the bus to the start of the race who I overheard talking. He told the woman next to him that he has done several half marathons, "some in my chair, and some with my cane," he said. I sat there feeling so blessed. I was getting caught up in what time I would get, while this guy was going to do the whole thing with a cane, like the freakin' man! Several times during the race, when I felt my legs dragging or my knee hurting, I stopped and thanked God that I had two healthy legs carrying me.

I'm thankful for my friend at Paradise Bakery. I've switched my coffee drinking alliance from Starbucks to Paradise Bakery for a myriad of reasons. But one big one is the sweet cashier. She is the cheery face I see every morning between 6 and 7. I look forward to hearing her tell me a story from the morning. She gives Mckenna the sweetest smile (and sometimes cookies) if I have Mckenna with me. She works so hard and is so sweet, and I look forward to telling her "don't work too hard today," as I leave. I wait for her laughing response before I walk out the door. I'm so thankful to start my day that way every day.

I'm thankful for my parents. I'm always thankful for them, but I am especially thankful for that offering to watch Mckenna this last weekend for Ronnie and I to have a weekend kid-free. I was blessed to have them raise me, and I'm doubly blessed to have them help us raise Mckenna. She will learn more from those two than I could dream to teach her.


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for new music. I've been trying to discover new music/artists in two different genres of music recently and I'm liking what I've been finding. I've been really into country music and Christian rap lately. I've always been into rap, but not Christian rap until recently. As a teen, I thought the beats and lyrics of Christian rappers were pretty corny. Now that I'm older and have moved away from secular rap (got tired of the subject matter and the language used), it's been refreshing to find that Christian rap is really good!!

I'm thankful for cloudy days. At a certain point during the summer in Arizona, it hits a time when you simply cannot plan on doing outdoor activities after a certain time in the morning. Well yesterday, given the overcast day, Mckenna and I were able to hit up the park later than normal and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

I'm thankful for text messaging. It's crazy how easy text messaging makes communication among family and friends. It's also awesome to be able to send photos and videos to family members who aren't on FB and want to keep up with Mckenna :)