Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Sorry Mommy and Jesus' Girl

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for "Sorry Mommy." Mckenna has started to frequently say, "sorry" on her own when she does something wrong. Even if I'm really annoyed or ticked that she did whatever she did, it's so hard to care after you hear that sweet little Minnie Mouse voice remorsefully say, "sorry mommy".

I'm thankful for mini chocolate chips in the freeze. I've eaten more of them in the last week than I'd like to admit. And I may or may not eat them with whipped cream. It's a wonder my clothes still fit.

I'm thankful for a cool morning. This morning I went out for a walk and it was actually a little chilly when I started. I'm hoping that means fall is just around the corner. I've really been enjoying my morning walks and runs lately.

Ronnie's List:
I'm thankful for Jesus' girl. Today as we were leaving the gym, Mandi asked Mckenna if she was a Daddy's girl? She said no. Mommy's girl? No. Papi's girl? No. Grandma's girl? No. Nana's girl? No. Grant's girl? No. Shmeeg's girl? Kirsten's girl? No. Josh's girl? No. Chissy's girl? No. Pa's girl? Nana D's girl? No. Finally, she looks up at Mandi and screams, "Jesus' girl!!".

I'm thankful for plants. We've been filling up our home with more and more houseplants and I'm digging the "vibe" I get from them. They just look so fresh, green and full of life. I also like the fact that we use plant picking as a Daddy Date for Mckenna and I. She loves pulling the shopping cart along and pointing at plants saying, "That one?!".

I'm thankful for a persuasive wife. Mandi is really good at getting me to do something that she knows is good for me, that I will be thankful that I did, but that I don't want to do. She's not pushy. She's not mean. She's just right. I don't know how she does it, but it's certainly not a skill I possess.

So, what are you thankful for today?