Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Popping The Pills

Man, it's been quite some time since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday!

Recently, or to be more specific, just over a month ago, I started a new clinical trial. I'm not able to tell you which drug is being researched, but I would bet good money that you have heard of it. It requires me to take a few pills in the morning and a few pills at night. Other than some trips to see the research coordinator for PFTs, weight, height, blood work and EKGs, it's super easy peasy. I've never been involved with a clinical trial that just required swallowing some pills. Usually they have involved inhaling medications which of course is more time consuming.

Anyway, here are ten things that I've noticed while taking the drug, or placebo, over the past handful of weeks...

1. Almost immediately, I felt like I had a bit more energy for everyday activities.

2. I've been able to push harder with increased stamina during my 45 minute "throw-up" class at the gym.

3. I usually run on the treadmill at a max of 5.0. Recently, I've been pushing it to 6.5 or 7.

4. I was unusually nauseous the first week of the trial. It has subsided some, but still present most days.

5. Could be a figment of my imagination, but I seem to sweat more (maybe because I can work harder).

6. My cough has decreased.

7. My sputum production increased the first 2 weeks and has now decreased from my baseline.

8. My lungs feel clearer.

9. I don't know my PFT results, but it feels like I'm able to take a bigger breath and blast out with less obstruction.

10. I'm more excited for the future. I've always been excited, but this could change some things.

There you have it. I'm sure there are more both good and bad things that I've experienced, but I wrote down the first 10 to come to mind. Keep your fingers crossed that others are experiencing the same positive effects that I have while taking this drug or placebo. Because, even if it's placebo, I'm very, very thankful for the results.