I thought I would share in case others out there had similar questions and/or concerns.
Hello Ronnie! I hope all is well! I was wondering if you could give me some advice / tips for traveling with cystic fibrosis. I'm about to take my 6 year old daughter to Denver and had a few questions...
1. Do you have to check The Vest? Or can it be a carry on because it's medical equipment?
2. Do meds have to fit in a quart zip lock bag in the carry on, or ar they exempt from that?
3. Should I have her wear a face mask on the plane? Cold and flu season and all.
1. No, you do not have to check the Vest. It can be carried on and will not count as a carry-on since it is medical equipment.
2. I have never put my meds in a zip lock bag and always carry them on. Just remember that if your meds are on a carry-on that also has non-medical items (clothes, etc), it WILL count as a carry-on.
3. I've never worn a face mask on a plane, but it is certainly dependent on the comfort level of the individual (or their parents).
Hope this helps!! Don't hesitate to ask more questions
Have you ever been to Denver or somewhere similar? We live in Iowa, met you at the CF Family day a couple years ago , and she's never left the state. Do you have any issues with the thinner air? I know each case is different, just wondering. Thank you so much!!!
I didn't have any issues with altitude or thinner air until much later on in life. And when I say issues, they were minimal at most. I would bet that any change she would feel, you would feel also.
If you have a question that you would like my input on, please never hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!